East Bay News
Water main break shuts down street in Newark
Sunday, September 09, 2012
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- A detour to tell you about -- a water main break has shut down a portion of Cherry Street in Newark.
The pipe burst early Sunday morning underneath two southbound lanes of Cherry Street, just south of Central Avenue.Motorists are being urged to avoid the area. Police estimate that it could take eight to 12 hours to repair the water main and clean up the area.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
newark, water main break, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case