East Bay News
Driver in Walnut Creek fatal crash had two DUI's
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- The man who killed a woman when he drove his pick-up on to a Walnut Creek sidewalk Saturday has two DUI convictions.
According to the DMV, Hossein Tabrizi, 53, a Walnut Creek resident was arrested twice in Ventura County in 2005. He regained his license in October of 2009.
Tabrizi is being held on vehicular manslaughter charges after he plowed his truck into a family on a downtown sidewalk around 6:15 p.m. on Saturday.
A 52-year-old Santa Barbara woman died and her daughter-in-law remains in critical condition.
crash, walnut creek, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday