East Bay News
Driver in Walnut Creek fatal crash had two DUI's
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- The man who killed a woman when he drove his pick-up on to a Walnut Creek sidewalk Saturday has two DUI convictions.
According to the DMV, Hossein Tabrizi, 53, a Walnut Creek resident was arrested twice in Ventura County in 2005. He regained his license in October of 2009.
Tabrizi is being held on vehicular manslaughter charges after he plowed his truck into a family on a downtown sidewalk around 6:15 p.m. on Saturday.
A 52-year-old Santa Barbara woman died and her daughter-in-law remains in critical condition.
crash, walnut creek, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 20 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880 2 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer...
20 min ago
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
30 min ago