East Bay News
Driver in Walnut Creek fatal crash had two DUI's
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- The man who killed a woman when he drove his pick-up on to a Walnut Creek sidewalk Saturday has two DUI convictions.
According to the DMV, Hossein Tabrizi, 53, a Walnut Creek resident was arrested twice in Ventura County in 2005. He regained his license in October of 2009.
Tabrizi is being held on vehicular manslaughter charges after he plowed his truck into a family on a downtown sidewalk around 6:15 p.m. on Saturday.
A 52-year-old Santa Barbara woman died and her daughter-in-law remains in critical condition.
crash, walnut creek, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 12 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 45 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 13 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos