East Bay News
Quan facing consequences for missing court deposition
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A federal judge says Mayor Jean Quan faces serious consequences if she skips another deposition about the pace of court-ordered changes in the police department.
Quan claims she missed her deposition on August 30 due to an emergency council meeting. She told ABC7 News Tuesday that she's moving her schedule around to make sure she doesn't miss another one.
Two local attorneys want the feds to take over Oakland's police department for failing to implement reforms ordered by a federal judge in 2003. Hearings on that are scheduled for December.
oakland, jean quan, OPD, east bay news
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries 53 min ago
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos