East Bay News
West Nile fogging scheduled for parts of San Jose
SAN JOSE (KGO) -- The battle against the West Nile virus resumes Saturday night in Santa Clara County, with pesticide spraying in a section of San Jose.
Starting at 11 p.m., county vector control will be ground fogging in an area bordered by Blossom Hill Road, Loma Prieta Drive, Cottle Road, Colleen Drive and Curie Drive.
The fogging kills mosquitoes which can carry the disease and spread it to humans.
Earlier this week Contra Costa County health officials confirmed that a second woman there is now recovering from the virus.
brentwood, discovery bay, contra costa county, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 9 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 7 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 27 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla 12 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
55 min ago
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
27 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos