East Bay News
Union City police search for sexual assault suspect
UNION CITY, Calif. -- Police in Union City are asking for the public's help in searching for a suspect who robbed a woman at gunpoint and tried to sexually assault her on Sept. 9.
The attack occurred at about 10:30 p.m. as the woman was walking alone on Almaden Boulevard near Alvarado-Niles Road, according to Union City police.
The suspect approached the victim brandishing a handgun, police said. He forced her to the ground and took her money.
As the suspect attempted to sexually assault her, he was apparently startled by a passing motorist and fled the area on foot, running north on Almaden Boulevard.
The victim suffered minor injuries and was briefly hospitalized.
Police are asking anyone with information or who might have driven through the area at the time to contact Union City police Detective J. Luevano at (510) 471-1365.
The suspect was described as a mixed race male with a medium build, dark hair, dark eyes and a tattoo on the right side of his neck.
He was last seen wearing a light colored hoodie with the hood pulled over his head, black pants and black shoes.
union city, sex crimes, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 44 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Object spotted may be part of missing...
2 min ago