East Bay News
Police say motel deaths may be murder-suicide
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- The deaths of a man and teenage girl whose bodies were found inside a Newark motel room on Friday appear to have been the result of either a murder-suicide or a double suicide, police said.
However, Newark police Cmdr. Mike Carroll said today that it probably will take several months before autopsies and lab tests are completed and a cause of death is determined for the pair, whose bodies were found by motel staff in a room at the E-Z 8 Motel at 5555 Cedar Court at 11:48 a.m. Friday.
The man and the girl had both been shot to death, Carroll said.
The motel is located near Interstate Highway 880 as well as Mowry Avenue and Cedar Boulevard.
Carroll said Newark police aren't releasing the names of the two people because they have a policy of not releasing the names of people who kill themselves.
He said the man found in the room was a 24-year-old from Livermore and the girl was a 17-year-old from Pleasanton.
newark, crime, livermore, pleasanton, murder, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 29 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition 10 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
25 min ago
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
29 min ago