East Bay News
Police say motel deaths may be murder-suicide
NEWARK, Calif. (KGO) -- The deaths of a man and teenage girl whose bodies were found inside a Newark motel room on Friday appear to have been the result of either a murder-suicide or a double suicide, police said.
However, Newark police Cmdr. Mike Carroll said today that it probably will take several months before autopsies and lab tests are completed and a cause of death is determined for the pair, whose bodies were found by motel staff in a room at the E-Z 8 Motel at 5555 Cedar Court at 11:48 a.m. Friday.
The man and the girl had both been shot to death, Carroll said.
The motel is located near Interstate Highway 880 as well as Mowry Avenue and Cedar Boulevard.
Carroll said Newark police aren't releasing the names of the two people because they have a policy of not releasing the names of people who kill themselves.
He said the man found in the room was a 24-year-old from Livermore and the girl was a 17-year-old from Pleasanton.
newark, crime, livermore, pleasanton, murder, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 39 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday