East Bay News
Rescue group helps 'Batman' get around
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- Cats may have nine lives -- but one dog is getting a real second chance at life thanks to an East Bay dog rescue group.
Batman, a Formosan mountain dog was crushed by a car in Taiwan and left for dead. When the group Love & Second Chances heard about him, they raised money to fly him to San Ramon.
He's undergone operations and is in therapy. Despite having a broken back, Batman's foster parents say he's very mobile. To make his life better, they even outfitted him with braces for his legs.
The agency is looking for someone to adopt him.
animal, animals in peril, san ramon, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 23 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos