East Bay News
Rescue group helps 'Batman' get around
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- Cats may have nine lives -- but one dog is getting a real second chance at life thanks to an East Bay dog rescue group.
Batman, a Formosan mountain dog was crushed by a car in Taiwan and left for dead. When the group Love & Second Chances heard about him, they raised money to fly him to San Ramon.
He's undergone operations and is in therapy. Despite having a broken back, Batman's foster parents say he's very mobile. To make his life better, they even outfitted him with braces for his legs.
The agency is looking for someone to adopt him.
animal, animals in peril, san ramon, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 12 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
12 min ago