East Bay News
Man arrested for crash that injured driver
PLEASANT HILL, Calif. -- A man was arrested in connection with a felony hit-and-run crash in Pleasant Hill on Wednesday night that left a driver injured and trapped inside an overturned car, police said today.
Officers responded around 9:45 p.m. Wednesday to a crash in which a Subaru Outback overturned near the intersection of Paso Nogal Road and Norse Drive, police said.
Emergency responders arrived to find the Subaru's driver stuck inside the car. The driver was freed and taken to a hospital to be treated for cuts and possible internal injuries, police said.
Police determined that a red Pontiac Fiero had also been involved in the crash but was no longer at the scene.
Later Wednesday night, officers located a car matching that description on Center Avenue in Martinez.
A short time later, officers tracked down the car's driver, identified as 54-year-old Rockwood Sizemore, of Martinez, police said.
He was arrested on suspicion of felony hit-and-run and booked into county jail.
Any witnesses to the crash are asked to contact Pleasant Hill police at (925) 288-4630.
pleasant hill, crash, hit and run, east bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33 42 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 23 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M 39 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 27 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
42 min ago