East Bay News
More dead birds with West Nile discovered in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- More dead birds and mosquitoes with West Nile virus have turned up in Contra Costa County.
The mosquitoes were found in Antioch. Four infected birds were found in Concord, Brentwood and Knightsen. And two chickens were from the Holland Tract.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control has been fogging in high-risk areas. Most recently, in Antioch last night.
There have been two reported cases of human West Nile infection in Contra Costa this year.
contra costa county, antioch, west nile virus, east bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday