East Bay News
More dead birds with West Nile discovered in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- More dead birds and mosquitoes with West Nile virus have turned up in Contra Costa County.
The mosquitoes were found in Antioch. Four infected birds were found in Concord, Brentwood and Knightsen. And two chickens were from the Holland Tract.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control has been fogging in high-risk areas. Most recently, in Antioch last night.
There have been two reported cases of human West Nile infection in Contra Costa this year.
contra costa county, antioch, west nile virus, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF 28 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos