East Bay News
More dead birds with West Nile discovered in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- More dead birds and mosquitoes with West Nile virus have turned up in Contra Costa County.
The mosquitoes were found in Antioch. Four infected birds were found in Concord, Brentwood and Knightsen. And two chickens were from the Holland Tract.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control has been fogging in high-risk areas. Most recently, in Antioch last night.
There have been two reported cases of human West Nile infection in Contra Costa this year.
contra costa county, antioch, west nile virus, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge 11 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 37 min ago
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos