East Bay News
More dead birds with West Nile discovered in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- More dead birds and mosquitoes with West Nile virus have turned up in Contra Costa County.
The mosquitoes were found in Antioch. Four infected birds were found in Concord, Brentwood and Knightsen. And two chickens were from the Holland Tract.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control has been fogging in high-risk areas. Most recently, in Antioch last night.
There have been two reported cases of human West Nile infection in Contra Costa this year.
contra costa county, antioch, west nile virus, east bay news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 29 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 13 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos