East Bay News
More dead birds with West Nile discovered in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. (KGO) -- More dead birds and mosquitoes with West Nile virus have turned up in Contra Costa County.
The mosquitoes were found in Antioch. Four infected birds were found in Concord, Brentwood and Knightsen. And two chickens were from the Holland Tract.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control has been fogging in high-risk areas. Most recently, in Antioch last night.
There have been two reported cases of human West Nile infection in Contra Costa this year.
contra costa county, antioch, west nile virus, east bay news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday