East Bay News
Walnut Creek grass fire under investigation
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- A Walnut Creek grass fire near a golf course is under investigation.
The fire burned about six acres and came dangerously close to homes.
The blaze broke out near the Boundary Oak Golf Course on Valley Vista Road Friday. Crews were able to get the fire under control about 4:30 p.m.
Police say no injuries were reported and that it did not damage any structures.
walnut creek, fire, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 18 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos