East Bay News
2-alarm grass fire near Brentwood contained
BRENTWOOD -- A two-alarm grass fire near Brentwood was contained around 3 p.m. Saturday afternoon, according to a Contra Costa County Fire Protection District dispatcher.
The fire was reported at 1:53 p.m. near Albers Court and Deer Valley Road, the dispatcher said.The blaze had grown to around 50 acres as of 2:45 p.m., fire officials said. Contra Costa County fire crews assisted the East Contra Costa County Fire Protection District, and Cal Fire was also called to the blaze, the dispatcher said. There were no injuries reported and no structures were damaged, the dispatcher said.
brentwood, cal fire, fire, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 1 min ago
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 46 min ago
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 21 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday