East Bay News
Man fatally shot in Antioch Sunday night
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A man was found shot to death in Antioch late Sunday night, a police lieutenant said today.
Police responded around 10:35 p.m. to reports of a shooting in the area of 1214 Sycamore Drive, according to Antioch police Lt. Diane Aguinaga.
Officers arriving on the scene located a man who had been killed from a single gunshot wound.
The shooting victim was identified as 30-year-old Antioch man Maurice Wagner, police said.
Investigators are following some leads but do not have a suspect description or a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Antioch police Detective Robert Green at (925) 779-6932 or at (925) 779-6927 or to text a tip to 274637 using the key word Antioch.
antioch, shooting, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos