East Bay News
Man fatally shot in Antioch Sunday night
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A man was found shot to death in Antioch late Sunday night, a police lieutenant said today.
Police responded around 10:35 p.m. to reports of a shooting in the area of 1214 Sycamore Drive, according to Antioch police Lt. Diane Aguinaga.
Officers arriving on the scene located a man who had been killed from a single gunshot wound.
The shooting victim was identified as 30-year-old Antioch man Maurice Wagner, police said.
Investigators are following some leads but do not have a suspect description or a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Antioch police Detective Robert Green at (925) 779-6932 or at (925) 779-6927 or to text a tip to 274637 using the key word Antioch.
antioch, shooting, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 14 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety 32 min ago
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 19 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates 29 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 31 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos