East Bay News
Crews to fog for mosquitos tonight in Brentwood
BRENTWOOD, calif. (KGO) -- Crews will be out fogging for mosquitos this evening in Brentwood, to prevent the spread of West Nile Virus.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control will spray insecticide in an area roughly bordered by Lone Tree Way, Balfour Road, Brentwood Boulevard and Sellers Avenue.
The move comes just after San Francisco confirmed its first human case of West Nile Virus since 2005. Officials believe he was infected either in San Francisco or another Bay Area county. A dead bird, found at San Francisco's City College was confirmed to have the virus.
brentwood, east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 53 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos