East Bay News
Crews to fog for mosquitos tonight in Brentwood
BRENTWOOD, calif. (KGO) -- Crews will be out fogging for mosquitos this evening in Brentwood, to prevent the spread of West Nile Virus.
Contra Costa Mosquito and Vector Control will spray insecticide in an area roughly bordered by Lone Tree Way, Balfour Road, Brentwood Boulevard and Sellers Avenue.
The move comes just after San Francisco confirmed its first human case of West Nile Virus since 2005. Officials believe he was infected either in San Francisco or another Bay Area county. A dead bird, found at San Francisco's City College was confirmed to have the virus.
brentwood, east bay news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville 17 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span 15 min ago
- Palo Alto man arrested in Czech murders case 39 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday