East Bay News
2.7 quake strikes near Berkeley this morning
BERKELEY, Calif. -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 2.7 struck just outside Berkeley this morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake rattled the area at 9:25 a.m. with the epicenter about 2 miles east-southeast of Berkeley.
The temblor had a depth of about 4.5 miles, according to the USGS.
berkeley, earthquake, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 16 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 20 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos