East Bay News
Christopher Stevens to be honored at Cal game
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Christopher Stevens, the late ambassador to Libya, will be honored before Saturday's Cal football game. A moment of silence will be held in Stevens' memory. Stevens graduated from Cal in 1982 with a degree in history.
The school also announced it has established a memorial fund in Stevens' name.
Stevens was killed earlier this month in an attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya. The attack was first believed a spontaneous reaction to an anti-Muslim film. It's now been established the attack was a terrorist assault.
libya, berkeley, east bay news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 5 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 38 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos