East Bay News
Police search for San Leandro murder suspects
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two San Leandro men are wanted in connection with the murder of another San Leandro man in his home, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.
Romeo Weaver, 25, was shot and killed in his apartment on the 1100 block of Kentwood Lane in unincorporated San Leandro, according to Sgt. J.D. Nelson.
He was found there around 12:15 a.m. on Sept. 16 after deputies responded to reports of shots fired, and was pronounced dead at the scene, Nelson said.
Investigators have identified Hugo Viveros, 18, and Edward Allen, 17, both of San Leandro, as suspects in the shooting. Warrants have been issued for their arrests, but their whereabouts are unknown, Nelson said.
Investigators are asking for the public's help in locating Viveros and Allen. Anyone with information on their location or on the shooting is asked to call Detective Rick Gonzales at (510) 667-7477, Detective Sgt. D. Dickson at (510) 667-3921 or the anonymous tip line at (510) 667-3636.
san leandro, murder, east bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California 38 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos