East Bay News
Police search for San Leandro murder suspects
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two San Leandro men are wanted in connection with the murder of another San Leandro man in his home, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.
Romeo Weaver, 25, was shot and killed in his apartment on the 1100 block of Kentwood Lane in unincorporated San Leandro, according to Sgt. J.D. Nelson.
He was found there around 12:15 a.m. on Sept. 16 after deputies responded to reports of shots fired, and was pronounced dead at the scene, Nelson said.
Investigators have identified Hugo Viveros, 18, and Edward Allen, 17, both of San Leandro, as suspects in the shooting. Warrants have been issued for their arrests, but their whereabouts are unknown, Nelson said.
Investigators are asking for the public's help in locating Viveros and Allen. Anyone with information on their location or on the shooting is asked to call Detective Rick Gonzales at (510) 667-7477, Detective Sgt. D. Dickson at (510) 667-3921 or the anonymous tip line at (510) 667-3636.
san leandro, murder, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF 10 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 7 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 24 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- Mom bites dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos