East Bay News
Power restored to customers in the East Bay
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Power has been restored to more than 10,000 customers in Oakland and in the Berkley Hills affected by an outage Saturday afternoon, according to Pacific Gas & Electric.
The outage, which occurred just after 5 p.m., appears to have been caused by a squirrel that got into some equipment at a substation, according to PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris.Power was restored at 6:28 p.m. to the 10,950 customers affected.
PG&E, power outage, oakland, berkeley, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 26 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 12 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos