East Bay News
Power restored to customers in the East Bay
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Power has been restored to more than 10,000 customers in Oakland and in the Berkley Hills affected by an outage Saturday afternoon, according to Pacific Gas & Electric.
The outage, which occurred just after 5 p.m., appears to have been caused by a squirrel that got into some equipment at a substation, according to PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris.Power was restored at 6:28 p.m. to the 10,950 customers affected.
PG&E, power outage, oakland, berkeley, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 8 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 10 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos