East Bay News
Power restored to customers in the East Bay
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Power has been restored to more than 10,000 customers in Oakland and in the Berkley Hills affected by an outage Saturday afternoon, according to Pacific Gas & Electric.
The outage, which occurred just after 5 p.m., appears to have been caused by a squirrel that got into some equipment at a substation, according to PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris.Power was restored at 6:28 p.m. to the 10,950 customers affected.
PG&E, power outage, oakland, berkeley, east bay news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 15 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 17 min ago
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants 10 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 40 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 41 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos