East Bay News
Man arrested in alleged attack on city councilman
Saturday, September 29, 2012
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- The gloves came off at a forum debate in Richmond this week.
City Councilman Corky Booze says a former supporter, David Moore, hit him in the back of the head last Thursday during a heated debate.Booze opposes Measure N, which Moore and the Richmond Progressive Alliance supports. The measure would charge merchants who sell sugar-sweetened drinks a penny-per-ounce tax. Moore, who was arrested on sight, says Booze hit him first.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
richmond, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case