East Bay News
Big-rig fire put out at the Port of Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters have put out a big rig fire at the Port of Oakland on 7th and Middle Harbor Road.
Towering black smoke came from the burning rig and could be seen for miles. The fire started just after 7 a.m. this morning on 7th Street and Middle Harbor Road. Firefighters were able to put the fire out within 10 minutes.
There were no injuries reported and no word yet on the cause.
port of oakland, fire, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday