East Bay News
Big-rig fire put out at the Port of Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters have put out a big rig fire at the Port of Oakland on 7th and Middle Harbor Road.
Towering black smoke came from the burning rig and could be seen for miles. The fire started just after 7 a.m. this morning on 7th Street and Middle Harbor Road. Firefighters were able to put the fire out within 10 minutes.
There were no injuries reported and no word yet on the cause.
port of oakland, fire, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 22 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones 5 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 45 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos