East Bay News
Big-rig fire put out at the Port of Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters have put out a big rig fire at the Port of Oakland on 7th and Middle Harbor Road.
Towering black smoke came from the burning rig and could be seen for miles. The fire started just after 7 a.m. this morning on 7th Street and Middle Harbor Road. Firefighters were able to put the fire out within 10 minutes.
There were no injuries reported and no word yet on the cause.
port of oakland, fire, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 52 min ago
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 21 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area 1 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos