East Bay News
Big-rig fire put out at the Port of Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters have put out a big rig fire at the Port of Oakland on 7th and Middle Harbor Road.
Towering black smoke came from the burning rig and could be seen for miles. The fire started just after 7 a.m. this morning on 7th Street and Middle Harbor Road. Firefighters were able to put the fire out within 10 minutes.
There were no injuries reported and no word yet on the cause.
port of oakland, fire, east bay news
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T 12 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos