East Bay News
Woman arrested on suspicion of arson after car fire
PITTSBURG, Calif. -- A woman has been arrested on suspicion of arson in connection with a vehicle fire near West Leland Road in Pittsburg early Saturday morning, fire officials said.
The Contra Costa County Fire Protection District and Pittsburg police responded to a report of a car fire in the 100 block of Atherton Circle at 1:40 p.m., according to the fire district.
When crews arrived, they found a small fire burning in a 1994 Toyota Tercel parked on a city street.
The fire was extinguished quickly, and an investigator was called to the scene because fire appeared to be suspicious. It was later determined to be arson, officials said.
The suspect was identified as Julie Holland, 30, of Pittsburg, based upon witness statements, fire officials said. Holland and the vehicle owner know each other and had previous contact with each other, according to the fire district.
Holland was arrested by a fire investigator for felony arson to a vehicle, and was booked into Contra Costa County Jail. Her bail is set at $75,000.
The Toyota sustained moderate damage but is no longer usable.
pittsburg, car fire, crime, fire, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 15 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
17 min ago