East Bay News
Downed wires spark fire in Berkeley
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Fire crews are battling a structure fire caused by downed electrical wires in Berkeley this morning, a Berkeley fire official sai
The fire was reported at a building in the 1100 block of Delaware Street at 8:14 a.m., Berkeley Deputy Fire Chief Gil Dong said.
Dong said it appears the wires fell onto a grassy area in front of the building and that flames spread to the structure.
Crews were working to put out fire in the attic area of the building, Dong said.
PG&E has secured the utility lines, but the street was shut down as of 8:40 a.m., Dong sading, Dong said.
PG&E has secured the utility lines, but the street was shut down as of 8:40 a.m., Dong said.
berkeley, fire, PG&E, east bay news
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Concession workers launch one-day strike at AT&T
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast 36 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 37 min ago
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas
- San Jose structure fire displaces 5 people
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos