East Bay News
1 killed, 3 injured in 3 Oakland shootings Friday
OAKLAND, Calif. -- One person was killed and three were injured in three separate shootings in East Oakland Friday afternoon and evening, police said.
The fatal shooting happened near the 9600 block of Birch Street at 9:18 p.m., Sgt. Chris Bolton said.
One person was killed and the other was injured and taken to a hospital, Bolton said. No suspects are in custody.
Earlier, at 6:34 p.m., another victim was injured in a shooting in the 8000 block of International Boulevard.
This afternoon, another person was injured in a shooting reported just after 4:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of 92nd Avenue, according to police spokeswoman Johnna Watson.
Police also announced today that a gun was recovered during a search warrant in the 2900 block of East Seventh Street on Thursday.
Two were arrested in the search, including one person for illegally carrying a loaded firearm and narcotics, and another arrested for possession of narcotics.
Oakland also saw one of the bloodiest days of the year this week, with five people shot and killed between Monday night and Tuesday afternoon.
During a news conference this week, police Chief Howard Jordan called the murders "unacceptable."
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area 35 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year 2 min ago
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos