East Bay News
1 killed, 3 injured in 3 Oakland shootings Friday
OAKLAND, Calif. -- One person was killed and three were injured in three separate shootings in East Oakland Friday afternoon and evening, police said.
The fatal shooting happened near the 9600 block of Birch Street at 9:18 p.m., Sgt. Chris Bolton said.
One person was killed and the other was injured and taken to a hospital, Bolton said. No suspects are in custody.
Earlier, at 6:34 p.m., another victim was injured in a shooting in the 8000 block of International Boulevard.
This afternoon, another person was injured in a shooting reported just after 4:30 p.m. in the 1600 block of 92nd Avenue, according to police spokeswoman Johnna Watson.
Police also announced today that a gun was recovered during a search warrant in the 2900 block of East Seventh Street on Thursday.
Two were arrested in the search, including one person for illegally carrying a loaded firearm and narcotics, and another arrested for possession of narcotics.
Oakland also saw one of the bloodiest days of the year this week, with five people shot and killed between Monday night and Tuesday afternoon.
During a news conference this week, police Chief Howard Jordan called the murders "unacceptable."
oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos