East Bay News
Hercules woman's death investigated as homicide
HERCULES, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are investigating a murder mystery in Hercules where a woman was found dead late Friday night in her home. Her car had been stolen from the garage. Police have no suspects and few clues in the killing, which has now left friends and neighbors stunned.
Family and friends rushed to the home on Ash Court and Redwood Road Saturday morning, "I didn't believe it until I got here," said the victim's friend, Big Au. "Shocking, it's just shocking."Neighbors say the woman living there for 25 years was Susie Ko. Police say she was supposed to pick her husband up at the Oakland airport Friday night but never made it. Ko's husband called a neighbor who entered the house and found her lying in the entryway. The neighbor told police there was blood around her body. The family car, a sky blue 2011 Subaru Outback with an Idaho license plate, was missing from the garage.
"It's a tragedy," said neighbor Aaron. "It doesn't matter what neighborhood it happened in, you know. Killing and a robbery or something like that is just a tragedy. It doesn't matter if it happens in Oakland, Richmond, Hercules, Pinole. It's just a tragedy. Neighbor Nick Andrews added, "She was nice, no one had complaints with her, it's just, it's sad." Besides being well liked the victim was also an avid gardener who would spend most of the time in her yard. Police have no motive or suspects in the death, which has now left the once quiet cul-de-sac on edge. The cause is under investigation, but police are treating it as a homicide. Officials say the victim suffered a "traumatic injury." Anyone with information on the case, or the location of the vehicle, is asked to call Hercules police at (510) 724-1111. (Bay City News contributed to this report)
hercules, murder, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 26 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday