East Bay News
Hercules woman's death investigated as homicide
HERCULES, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are investigating a murder mystery in Hercules where a woman was found dead late Friday night in her home. Her car had been stolen from the garage. Police have no suspects and few clues in the killing, which has now left friends and neighbors stunned.
Family and friends rushed to the home on Ash Court and Redwood Road Saturday morning, "I didn't believe it until I got here," said the victim's friend, Big Au. "Shocking, it's just shocking."Neighbors say the woman living there for 25 years was Susie Ko. Police say she was supposed to pick her husband up at the Oakland airport Friday night but never made it. Ko's husband called a neighbor who entered the house and found her lying in the entryway. The neighbor told police there was blood around her body. The family car, a sky blue 2011 Subaru Outback with an Idaho license plate, was missing from the garage.
"It's a tragedy," said neighbor Aaron. "It doesn't matter what neighborhood it happened in, you know. Killing and a robbery or something like that is just a tragedy. It doesn't matter if it happens in Oakland, Richmond, Hercules, Pinole. It's just a tragedy. Neighbor Nick Andrews added, "She was nice, no one had complaints with her, it's just, it's sad." Besides being well liked the victim was also an avid gardener who would spend most of the time in her yard. Police have no motive or suspects in the death, which has now left the once quiet cul-de-sac on edge. The cause is under investigation, but police are treating it as a homicide. Officials say the victim suffered a "traumatic injury." Anyone with information on the case, or the location of the vehicle, is asked to call Hercules police at (510) 724-1111. (Bay City News contributed to this report)
hercules, murder, east bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance 46 min ago
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 17 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
17 min ago