East Bay News
22-year-old volleyball coach arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with student
LAFAYETTE, Calif. -- Police arrested a 22-year-old high school volleyball coach in Lafayette on Friday following allegations of unlawful sexual conduct with a female student, police said.
Nicholas Daniel Kalustian, of Martinez, was arrested following an investigation into allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a student at Acalanes High School, police said.
Acalanes High School officials notified police about a relationship between Kalustian and a student last week. Kalustian was placed on administrative leave and instructed not to return to campus, police said.
Police said the relationship between the student and coach had been going on for one year. Police were also notified that Kalustian was working at another school in the area.
Police secured an arrest warrant for Kalustian and he was arrested without incident.
He was booked into county jail with bail set at $100,000.
The case remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call police at (925) 283-3680.
lafayette, sex crimes, east bay news
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man 7 min ago
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday