East Bay News
22-year-old volleyball coach arrested on suspicion of sexual misconduct with student
LAFAYETTE, Calif. -- Police arrested a 22-year-old high school volleyball coach in Lafayette on Friday following allegations of unlawful sexual conduct with a female student, police said.
Nicholas Daniel Kalustian, of Martinez, was arrested following an investigation into allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a student at Acalanes High School, police said.
Acalanes High School officials notified police about a relationship between Kalustian and a student last week. Kalustian was placed on administrative leave and instructed not to return to campus, police said.
Police said the relationship between the student and coach had been going on for one year. Police were also notified that Kalustian was working at another school in the area.
Police secured an arrest warrant for Kalustian and he was arrested without incident.
He was booked into county jail with bail set at $100,000.
The case remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call police at (925) 283-3680.
lafayette, sex crimes, east bay news
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire