East Bay News
Woman killed in Fremont crash ID'd as Palo Alto resident
FREMONT, Calif. -- A woman who was killed in a crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in Fremont this morning has been identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as 49-year-old Palo Alto resident Charla Suzette Smoot Pate.
The California Highway Patrol received reports of a vehicle that crashed into the center divide near the Alvarado-Niles off-ramp on southbound I-880 at about 1 a.m., Officer James Evans said.
All lanes on southbound I-880 were closed at 1:07 a.m. as crews cleared the scene, Evans said. At 5:32 a.m., all lanes were reopened, he said.
Evans said the cause of the crash was not determined as of 7:50 a.m.
fremont, palo alto, crash, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday