East Bay News
Woman killed in Fremont crash ID'd as Palo Alto resident
FREMONT, Calif. -- A woman who was killed in a crash on southbound Interstate Highway 880 in Fremont this morning has been identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as 49-year-old Palo Alto resident Charla Suzette Smoot Pate.
The California Highway Patrol received reports of a vehicle that crashed into the center divide near the Alvarado-Niles off-ramp on southbound I-880 at about 1 a.m., Officer James Evans said.
All lanes on southbound I-880 were closed at 1:07 a.m. as crews cleared the scene, Evans said. At 5:32 a.m., all lanes were reopened, he said.
Evans said the cause of the crash was not determined as of 7:50 a.m.
fremont, palo alto, crash, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos