East Bay News
2 men found fatally shot in a vehicle in West Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Two men were fatally shot in a vehicle in West Oakland Monday night, according to police.
The shooting was reported at 9:55 p.m. in the 1000 block of Filbert Street, police said.
Police said the car traveled another block after the victims were shot and came to rest at the intersection of 12th and Filbert streets.
Both victims were pronounced deceased at the scene, police said. No suspects have been detained, police said.
The killings bring Oakland's homicide total so far this year to 97.
KGO contributed to this report.
oakland, crime, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 3 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 2 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos