East Bay News
Port of Oakland executive director placed on leave
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The executive director of the Port of Oakland has been put on paid leave, the result of an ongoing investigation into allegations of improper expenditures.
Omar Benjamin and other top officials at the port have come under scrutiny lately, including marine director James Kwon.
Kwon's $4,500 dinner tab at a strip club in Houston is being looked at very closely. At least two meetings have been held in the past week to address the questionable spending practices.
port of oakland, oakland, east bay news
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 34 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Big-rig accident blocks WB I-580 lanes in Pleasanton 1 min ago
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view 36 min ago
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday