East Bay News
Man killed, another male critically wounded in drive-by shooting
VALLEJO,Calif. -- One man was killed and another person critically injured in an apparent drive-by shooting in Vallejo early this morning, Vallejo police said.
Mauricio Dominguez, 20, of Vallejo, was found down in the 200 block of Arkansas Street suffering from multiple gunshot wounds around 1:50 a.m., Vallejo police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another person was also down on the street with multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to a hospital and remains in critical condition this morning, police said.
His identity is being withheld, police said.
Police said witnesses described the shooting as a drive-by. A gray or silver compact car was seen leaving the area of the shooting.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Vallejo police detectives Drew Ramsay or Raul Munoz at (800) 488-9383.
shooting, vallejo, crime, east bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday