East Bay News
Piedmont HS warns parents of "fantasy slut league" among students
PIEDMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- An alert by the principal of Piedmont High School has raised concerns among parents. In a letter sent last week, the principal says his staff discovered a so-called "fantasy slut league" among students.
In the letter, Principal Rich Kitchens describes "a 'Fantasy Slut League' in which our female students (unbeknownst to most of them) are drafted as part of the league...Male students earn points for documented engagement in sexual activities with female students."
According to the letter, school staff learned about this during a recent assembly about date rape prevention.
An investigation was launched on campus and they learned this has been going on for five to six years.
The principal wrote, "Participation often involved pressure/manipulation by older students that included alcohol to impair judgment/control and social demands to be popular."
ABC7 News spoke with Superintendent Constance Hubbard about the letter.
"We wanted to make sure that parents were aware of things that were going in their kids' lives," Hubbard said.
Many parents said they were surprised to hear about the "fantasy slut league," but most didn't want to talk about it. They said Piedmont is a small town, and that is a very sensitive subject.
"I'm really glad that there's a strong administration that's willing to take on these kinds of issues; as a mother of four girls I couldn't be happier," parent Bianca Forrester said.
Piedmont school administrators say they issued the letter in an effort to be proactive.
"The main thing is that I don't want to blow this out of proportion; I don't want to make is something that is some horrible big event that we found out about," Hubbard said.
They are planning a series of on campus assemblies with lessons about preventing this in the future.
piedmont, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 40 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 55 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 42 min ago
- Family of slain TSA agent files claim for $25M 18 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 51 min ago
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 23 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 57 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued