East Bay News
Fundraiser held for Youngstrom Memorial Fund
VACAVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- A three day fundraiser got underway today for the family of the fallen Highway Patrol Officer Kenyon Youngstrom.
He's the officer who was shot to death while making a traffic stop on Interstate 680 in Contra Costa County last month.
From now through Wednesday, California Pizza Kitchen restaurants throughout Northern California will donate 20 percent of its revenues the Kenyon Youngstrom Memorial Fund. The money will go to his family and to a college fund for his children.
alamo, shooting, CHP, I-680, crime, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday