East Bay News
Robbery investigation prompts school lockdowns
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Hayward police are on the lookout for a possible weapon on school grounds after arresting two robbery suspects Wednesday morning.
Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School on Holly Hill Avenue and nearby Southgate Elementary School on Calaroga Avenue were on lockdown for about 45 minutes while officers searched for possible evidence.
Police say an armed robbery was reported at 10:30 a.m. They chased the suspects in a stolen car before the two crashed and were caught on foot.
It's uncertain if the robbery suspects had a gun when they stole jewelry from a victim in a nearby strip mall parking lot.
The two suspects were taken into custody after the pursuit. Officials say nobody was hurt and the kids were not in jeopardy.
hayward, crime, police chase, school lockdown, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday