East Bay News
Robbery investigation prompts school lockdowns
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Hayward police are on the lookout for a possible weapon on school grounds after arresting two robbery suspects Wednesday morning.
Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School on Holly Hill Avenue and nearby Southgate Elementary School on Calaroga Avenue were on lockdown for about 45 minutes while officers searched for possible evidence.
Police say an armed robbery was reported at 10:30 a.m. They chased the suspects in a stolen car before the two crashed and were caught on foot.
It's uncertain if the robbery suspects had a gun when they stole jewelry from a victim in a nearby strip mall parking lot.
The two suspects were taken into custody after the pursuit. Officials say nobody was hurt and the kids were not in jeopardy.
hayward, crime, police chase, school lockdown, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 21 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday