East Bay News
Man robs pizza parlor at knifepoint Friday night
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- Police are attempting to locate a man who robbed a Martinez pizza parlor at knifepoint late Friday night.
Dispatchers received a report around 10:45 p.m. Friday of a robbery at Pacifica Pizza at 500 Main St., police said.
A man entered the restaurant, wielded a knife at an employee and demanded cash from the register.
The worker handed the suspect an undisclosed amount of money and the suspect ordered the employee to the ground, threatening to use pepper spray on the employee if they did not comply, police said.
The man fled the restaurant with the cash and headed west on Main Street.
The suspect is described as a white man between 40 and 50 years old, standing about 5 feet 7 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a black and gray hooded sweatshirt and dark-colored pants at the time of the robbery, according to police.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Martinez police Detective Sgt. Glenn Walkup at (925) 372-3450.
crime, martinez, east bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado 36 min ago
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup 19 min ago
- Overhead wire problems disrupt service on Muni
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote 35 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer, printing businesses... 1 min ago
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP 52 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting 32 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma...
36 min ago
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer,...
1 min ago