East Bay News
Man killed in early morning shooting in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- Oakley police and Contra Costa County sheriff's detectives are investigating a shooting that killed a man in Oakley this morning, police said.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 5600 block of Main Street at 1:41 a.m., police said.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man suffering from three to four gunshot wounds, police said.
The 28-year-old man, whose name was not released, was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
There are no details of why or how the shooting happened, and there are no leads on any suspects, police said.
Police, along with the sheriff's office, are still investigating.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Oakley police at (925) 626-2411.
shooting, contra costa county, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 38 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 26 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 27 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 7 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 12 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old girl to become Wonder Girl in Vallejo
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 30 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos