East Bay News
Man killed in early morning shooting in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- Oakley police and Contra Costa County sheriff's detectives are investigating a shooting that killed a man in Oakley this morning, police said.
Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 5600 block of Main Street at 1:41 a.m., police said.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man suffering from three to four gunshot wounds, police said.
The 28-year-old man, whose name was not released, was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
There are no details of why or how the shooting happened, and there are no leads on any suspects, police said.
Police, along with the sheriff's office, are still investigating.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Oakley police at (925) 626-2411.
shooting, contra costa county, east bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
57 min ago