East Bay News
Truck driver charged with Oakland man's murder
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A truck driver has been charged with murder for the shooting death of 34-year-old Lester Young in Oakland last month, police said.
Steven Buggs, 37, is scheduled to be arraigned on the murder charge, a gun charge and other enhancements in Alameda County Superior Court on Thursday afternoon.
He is also charged with violating his parole for a previous conviction.
Young was shot multiple times inside his home in the 1800 block of Commerce Way, near San Antonio Park, at about 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 21. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said homicide investigators on the case worked with the department's problem-solving officers, its Gangs/Guns Intelligence Task Force, community members and state and federal law enforcement agencies.
oakland, shooting, murder, crime, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday