East Bay News
Truck driver charged with Oakland man's murder
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A truck driver has been charged with murder for the shooting death of 34-year-old Lester Young in Oakland last month, police said.
Steven Buggs, 37, is scheduled to be arraigned on the murder charge, a gun charge and other enhancements in Alameda County Superior Court on Thursday afternoon.
He is also charged with violating his parole for a previous conviction.
Young was shot multiple times inside his home in the 1800 block of Commerce Way, near San Antonio Park, at about 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 21. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said homicide investigators on the case worked with the department's problem-solving officers, its Gangs/Guns Intelligence Task Force, community members and state and federal law enforcement agencies.
oakland, shooting, murder, crime, east bay news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 33 min ago
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- National memorial to be held for Nelson...
33 min ago