East Bay News
Truck driver charged with Oakland man's murder
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A truck driver has been charged with murder for the shooting death of 34-year-old Lester Young in Oakland last month, police said.
Steven Buggs, 37, is scheduled to be arraigned on the murder charge, a gun charge and other enhancements in Alameda County Superior Court on Thursday afternoon.
He is also charged with violating his parole for a previous conviction.
Young was shot multiple times inside his home in the 1800 block of Commerce Way, near San Antonio Park, at about 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 21. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said homicide investigators on the case worked with the department's problem-solving officers, its Gangs/Guns Intelligence Task Force, community members and state and federal law enforcement agencies.
oakland, shooting, murder, crime, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 50 min ago
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders 23 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Report: Most California beaches had clean water in 2012
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos