East Bay News
Truck driver charged with Oakland man's murder
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A truck driver has been charged with murder for the shooting death of 34-year-old Lester Young in Oakland last month, police said.
Steven Buggs, 37, is scheduled to be arraigned on the murder charge, a gun charge and other enhancements in Alameda County Superior Court on Thursday afternoon.
He is also charged with violating his parole for a previous conviction.
Young was shot multiple times inside his home in the 1800 block of Commerce Way, near San Antonio Park, at about 6:45 p.m. on Sept. 21. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson said homicide investigators on the case worked with the department's problem-solving officers, its Gangs/Guns Intelligence Task Force, community members and state and federal law enforcement agencies.
oakland, shooting, murder, crime, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 2 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos