East Bay News
Families enjoy Temescal Trick or Treat Festival
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- By day, people celebrated the San Francisco Giants. By night, however, that belonged to the trick-or-treaters.
Dozens of families turned up for the 7th Annual Temescal Trick or Treat Festival. And in no time at all, young people started raking in the yummy stuff. Some of the experienced vets of the candy hunt say this is the place to be. When asked where is the best place to get candy, Halloween veterans Arwen and Billy answered, "Anywhere! It seems like the best candy is everywhere on Halloween, at least it's free candy!"
And it looks like they're right. Store owners ABC7 News spoke with say that they spend anywhere between $30 to $40 for the candy they give away.
oakland, halloween, children, food, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 53 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 40 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
10 min ago