East Bay News
Families enjoy Temescal Trick or Treat Festival
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- By day, people celebrated the San Francisco Giants. By night, however, that belonged to the trick-or-treaters.
Dozens of families turned up for the 7th Annual Temescal Trick or Treat Festival. And in no time at all, young people started raking in the yummy stuff. Some of the experienced vets of the candy hunt say this is the place to be. When asked where is the best place to get candy, Halloween veterans Arwen and Billy answered, "Anywhere! It seems like the best candy is everywhere on Halloween, at least it's free candy!"
And it looks like they're right. Store owners ABC7 News spoke with say that they spend anywhere between $30 to $40 for the candy they give away.
oakland, halloween, children, food, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 12 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 38 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 41 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 59 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 35 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos