East Bay News
Thousands of nurses in the East Bay on strike
Thousands of registered nurses in the East Bay are on a one day strike.
The 3,200 unionized nurses work at seven hospitals managed by Sutter Health in Berkeley, Oakland, Castro Valley, San Leandro Antioch and Vallejo.
It is the sixth in a series of strikes. The most recent was on July 3. Sutter Health says the hospitals will remain open and replacement nurses have been brought in.
strike, east bay news
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting 47 min ago
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos