East Bay News
HBO producer making show about Oakland City Hall
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The producer behind the HBO series "The Newsroom" is developing a TV show for ABC about Oakland City Hall. The show is called "City Hall" and it's said to be a political drama following the mayor and her young staffers as they take on the political establishment.
Officials are still deciding whether to cooperate with the producers of City Hall. ABC7 News spoke to a city councilwoman who's not sure this is what Oakland needs right now. "We've got pretty serious issues to deal with in Oakland and I think it's important people take their elected officials seriously," Oakland City Councilwoman Pat Kernighan said.
When pressed about who she'd like to see play her, Kernighan playfully suggested Gina Davis. There have also been tongue-in-cheek suggestions that the Bay Area's own Margaret Cho could handle the role of Mayor Jean Quan and "The Rock" might do a good job playing Police Chief Howard Jordan.
oakland, celebrity, television, jean quan, howard jordan, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday