East Bay News
One injured in East Oakland shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A shooting in East Oakland early Sunday morning sent one person to the hospital with a gunshot wound.
Police responded around 1:30 a.m. to reports of a shooting in the 1700 block of 28th Avenue, Officer Kevin McDonald said.
The victim in the shooting was transported to a hospital in stable condition, McDonald said.
No suspect information in connection with the shooting was available as of 6:30 a.m.
oakland, shooting, guns, crime, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday