East Bay News
Walnut Creek road closures start Monday
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- Drivers beware -- there will be some major road closures beginning tomorrow in the East Bay.
Sections of Main Street and Newell Avenue in Walnut Creek will be closed beginning Monday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. That closure will be in effect during those hours every day through Friday.
Planned closures include:
- Main Street, southbound, will be closed between Broadway Plaza and Newell Avenue.
- Newell Avenue, eastbound, between the Newell Promenade entrance and Main Street, will be closed, except for one lane that will be right-turn only onto South Main Street.
- Newell Avenue, westbound, will be closed between Main Street and the Newell Promenade entrance.
The Kaiser Permanente garage entrance on Newell will remain open. Also, Newell Promenade shops on Newell between Main Street and California will remain open.
The roads will be closed for the demolition of an old building downtown, once known as "the Peace Building." It will be replaced with condos and stores.
walnut creek, transportation, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos