East Bay News
Road near Brentwood reopened after fatal crash
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- Vasco Road near Brentwood reopened this afternoon after a fatal crash shut down the road for hours, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP and Contra Costa County firefighters responded to a report of a three-vehicle accident with one of the vehicles on fire near Camino Diablo Road at 1:48 p.m., according to the CHP.
One person died and others were transported to a hospital. The person who died was in the burning car, CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
A Sig-alert on Vasco Road was issued at 2:38 p.m. The road reopened shortly after 5 p.m., according to the CHP.
crash, brentwood, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday