East Bay News
Road near Brentwood reopened after fatal crash
BRENTWOOD, Calif. -- Vasco Road near Brentwood reopened this afternoon after a fatal crash shut down the road for hours, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The CHP and Contra Costa County firefighters responded to a report of a three-vehicle accident with one of the vehicles on fire near Camino Diablo Road at 1:48 p.m., according to the CHP.
One person died and others were transported to a hospital. The person who died was in the burning car, CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said.
A Sig-alert on Vasco Road was issued at 2:38 p.m. The road reopened shortly after 5 p.m., according to the CHP.
crash, brentwood, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive 28 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University 2 min ago
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday