East Bay News
11-month-old baby girl falls 30 feet from window
FREMONT, Calif. -- An 11-month-old baby fell out of a third-story window from a Fremont home this afternoon, according to a fire captain.
Fremont police received a call around 2 p.m. that a baby had fallen out of the window in the 800 block of Walnut Avenue, according to police.
The baby's mother ran outside and found her baby girl unconscious after the fall onto some juniper bushes and concrete, Fremont fire Capt. Steve Silva said.
Once fire medical crews arrived the baby regained consciousness and was breathing and crying but was experiencing seizures and was taken to Stanford Hospital by helicopter, Silva said.
The helicopter landed in the area of Gallaudet Drive and Walnut Avenue to transport the baby, Silva said.
A woman answering the phones at the nearby California School for the Blind at 500 Walnut Ave. said police told those nearby to stay away from that area for the helicopter landing.
Silva said the fall appears to be accidental.
fremont, falls, children, east bay news
- Freeze Warning expires; chilly temperatures remain
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos