East Bay News
ABC7's Operation 7: Save a Life
ABC7 is proud to once again team up with Bay Area fire departments and our partners, Kidde, and The Home Depot, for Operation 7: Save a Life; a life-saving program designed to increase public awareness of fire and Carbon Monoxide (CO) dangers, and now a part of ABC7's Prepare NorCal initiative.
That fire fatalities are often preventable through education and the use of working smoke detectors is one of the focal points of ABC7's Operation 7: Save A Life campaign which kicked off on Monday, November 5, 2012.
Additionally, the campaign will focus on Carbon Monoxide awareness to coincide with the new state law now in effect that requires CO Alarms in California homes that have fuel-burning appliances or an attached garage. Carbon Monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America, killing 400 and injuring more than 20,000 each year. You cannot see, smell or taste carbon monoxide. The only safe way to detect this poisonous gas is with a working carbon monoxide alarm.
And as part of the campaign, Operation 7: Save A Life, along with The Home Depot, will be donating thousands of Kidde-brand smoke alarms to participating fire departments at a press event to be held in conjunction with the Oakland Fire Department this November 8th.
Plan for a safer home with these suggestions on how to prevent a fire and keep your family safe from Carbon Monoxide:
- Home Fire Safety Tips
- Fire Safety/ FAQs
- Smoke Detectors Could Save Your Life
- Carbon Monoxide Questions and Answers
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Dangers
For more information on California's law, CO safety and how to protect your family, visit www.CASafeHomes.org.
Being prepared is the key to surviving a disaster, and Prepare NorCal was created to help our Bay Area viewers be prepared. ABC7 has gathered resources and tips to make it easier for you to access preparedness information all in one place. Click here
operation 7: save a life, fire safety, east bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan 18 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved 13 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday