East Bay News
Kidnapped woman forced to get cash from ATMs
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Walnut Creek police are investigating a scary crime after a woman said two men kidnapped her from a parking lot at Wiget Lane and Ygnacio Valley Road then drove her around to various ATM's before letting her go near Hiller Drive in the Oakland Hills.
The 57-year-old woman was leaving work around 7:30 Wednesday night when she was assaulted. It happened in a parking lot in the 300 block of N. Wiget Lane. There are a number of businesses in the Shadelands Business Park including Kaiser, PG&E, and Del Monte, but the victim's place of employment is unknown. She was unlocking her car when two men ran up to her.
"She was confronted by two men, both white male adults. They accosted her, blindfolded her, and bound and gagged her, and put her in the back of her own car," said Lt. Steve Gorski. Police say the men drove the woman around to various ATMs and withdraw an undisclosed amount of money. They say they are reviewing surveillance video from those banks and trying to obtain surveillance video from other places in the area.
Police say the suspects dumped the woman and her car in the Oakland Hills on Hiller Avenue near Highway 24 around 11 p.m. Thursday. At that point, she managed to get free and call police. She suffered minor physical injuries and was quite shaken up from the 3.5-hour ordeal.
Police say they are searching for a small, older pick-up truck, perhaps a Toyota with a loud muffler, which was seen leaving the Oakland Hills area. They say they are also using evidence found in the victim's car to try and identify the suspects.
oakland, crime, walnut creek, east bay news, karina rusk
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 1 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults 15 min ago
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 33 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 25 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
25 min ago