East Bay News
Collision escalates into shooting in Contra Costa Co.
SAN PABLO, Calif. -- A two-vehicle crash turned into a shooting in unincorporated Contra Costa County near San Pablo Monday morning, a California Highway Patrol sergeant said.
Two vehicles collided at about 11:45 a.m. near the intersection of Greenwood Drive and Greenwood Court, Sgt. Diana McDermott said.
The drivers got out of their vehicles, got into an argument, and one of them opened fire on the other, McDermott said.
The victim suffered a gunshot wound that was not life-threatening, McDermott said. The driver who had fired the gun fled on foot.
Both drivers were alone in their cars when the crash happened, she said.
The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment.
A description of the suspect was not available, and the shooting remains under investigation.
crash, contra costa county, san pablo, shooting, crime, east bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 25 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 54 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed