East Bay News
Collision escalates into shooting in Contra Costa Co.
SAN PABLO, Calif. -- A two-vehicle crash turned into a shooting in unincorporated Contra Costa County near San Pablo Monday morning, a California Highway Patrol sergeant said.
Two vehicles collided at about 11:45 a.m. near the intersection of Greenwood Drive and Greenwood Court, Sgt. Diana McDermott said.
The drivers got out of their vehicles, got into an argument, and one of them opened fire on the other, McDermott said.
The victim suffered a gunshot wound that was not life-threatening, McDermott said. The driver who had fired the gun fled on foot.
Both drivers were alone in their cars when the crash happened, she said.
The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment.
A description of the suspect was not available, and the shooting remains under investigation.
crash, contra costa county, san pablo, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 48 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders 22 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla. tornado 40 min ago
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition 21 min ago
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage 13 min ago
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house...
25 min ago
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla....
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos