East Bay News
Collision escalates into shooting in Contra Costa Co.
SAN PABLO, Calif. -- A two-vehicle crash turned into a shooting in unincorporated Contra Costa County near San Pablo Monday morning, a California Highway Patrol sergeant said.
Two vehicles collided at about 11:45 a.m. near the intersection of Greenwood Drive and Greenwood Court, Sgt. Diana McDermott said.
The drivers got out of their vehicles, got into an argument, and one of them opened fire on the other, McDermott said.
The victim suffered a gunshot wound that was not life-threatening, McDermott said. The driver who had fired the gun fled on foot.
Both drivers were alone in their cars when the crash happened, she said.
The victim was taken to a hospital for treatment.
A description of the suspect was not available, and the shooting remains under investigation.
crash, contra costa county, san pablo, shooting, crime, east bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 9 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos