East Bay News
Port of Oakland director steps down amidst scandal
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The Port of Oakland's executive director has stepped down in the midst of a strip club scandal.
Omar Benjamin provided told ABC7 News he accepts responsibility for his actions and apologizes. Ge was on leave following allegations that one of his top aides spent $4,500 in public money at a Houston strip club.
It was recently revealed that Benjamin was among those at the club.
oakland, port of oakland, east bay news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest 16 min ago
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 58 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday