East Bay News
Port of Oakland director steps down amidst scandal
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The Port of Oakland's executive director has stepped down in the midst of a strip club scandal.
Omar Benjamin provided told ABC7 News he accepts responsibility for his actions and apologizes. Ge was on leave following allegations that one of his top aides spent $4,500 in public money at a Houston strip club.
It was recently revealed that Benjamin was among those at the club.
oakland, port of oakland, east bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test 39 min ago
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 56 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 31 min ago
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos